A plant-based diet has many potential health benefits, including:
- Lower risk of heart disease: Plant-based diets are typically high in fiber, antioxidants, and healthy fats, which can lower the risk of heart disease.
- Lower risk of certain cancers: Eating a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains may lower the risk of certain types of cancer.
- Lower risk of type 2 diabetes: Plant-based diets have been shown to improve insulin sensitivity and lower the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Weight loss: Plant-based diets are often lower in calories and fat than diets that include meat,
which can lead to weight loss. 5. Improved kidney function: Plant-based diets
have been shown to improve kidney function in people with kidney disease.
- Better digestion: Plant-based diets are high in
fiber, which can promote regular bowel
movements and improve digestion.
7. Environmental benefits: Plant-based diets are
more sustainable, it requires less water, land
and energy than a diet that includes meat